Connections!

"UhUh"
his favourite word
it's me he means
Mama!

He looks to me
smiles with a twinkle in his eye
"biscuit" he says
signing with his hands

"more" he says
signing with his hands
he waits for my reaction
"no no" I say
he waits a bit longer
he asks again
so typical kid ~ I love it

walking together
I stop and pause
my child stops with me
we start
we stop
we start again
the boy in sync with me

in sync
connected
communicative

he stops me
gestures
it's a car
then a bird
the cat by the pool
when did this happen
this sudden progression
to pointing and showing

I love this child
this sweet uncomplicated boy
this child of mine!

(Doing our best to get a passport photo!!!)

(five minutes ago!)

~*~

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Petra, I am not sure where it came from! I presume that you still haven't heard???

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely!
    it made me smile; my friend's twin boys have very little speech and are always signing for "more biscuits" "more miscuits please" - it must be true! the way to a man's heart is his tummy!
    thank you for sharing, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there ever hopeful muumy
    Thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x